Monday, June 27, 2016

Hair Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie vs. Curl & Style Milk

Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Understanding

As a black female, hair is a huge aspect of my life. I can't just put it in a ponytail and move along with the rest of my day. Hair is a process for me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Which is exactly why no ordinary product can maintain my hair. Although I have parted with many products, Shea Moisture has never seemed to stop working for me. At the given moment, my favorite two things to use are the Curl Enhancing Smooth and the Curl & Style Milk. However, it seems that I cannot have one without the other. So, why not compare the two?

Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie

In the left corner we have the Curl Enhancing Smoothie! On the container, it is labeled, "THICK, CURLY HAIR". However, as a person who has curly hair but not the thickest, I can testify that it still is proven to be extremely useful. The smoothie itself, is quite thick, but doesn't appear to leave residue. It can be used when laying your hair down to make it look neat. If you want something light that won't pack on your head, I suggest using the milk. Still, even if the milk is too thick, you can add a small amount of water. 


Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk


Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk
In the right corner we have the Curl & Style Milk! This product is practically perfect for a wash and go in the morning or adding back moisture after a simple rinse. It can make your hair feel soft and silky, avoiding frizz. When your hair is brittle and dry, you can section it off into fours, then use the a spray bottle to spritz it. From there, you can apply the milk and style it as desired. Your hair will feel fresh, and smooth. To define my curls, I prefer to put my hair in Bantu knots then taking them out later. 

Cons

After all, this is still a review, and of course I have to give some cons. Out of both the products, longevity is the number one problem. I often find myself having to reapply the moisture into my hair because it doesn't last that long. Also, you can't easily use these products alone and be guaranteed complete moisture. But, that is why it's suggested you purchase the other products as well. My rating for the smoothie is an 8.5 out of 10, while my rating on the milk is 9 out 10. The milk seems to have a lot more uses and advantages than the smoothie. 

Interested in seeing what Shea Moisture has in store? Click the link below!

1 comment: